Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Day of Judgement

Today is an I hate my job day... it is a telling story that speaks of impulsivness and immediate gratification. There is a very real feeling in the pit of my stomach that is telling me to quit this accounting bullshit, and find something that I enjoy doing everyday. I don't want to have job satisfaction 51% of the time, or even 75% of the time. I want job satisfaction from 100% of the good and bad days. I feel like I'm falling apart, but perhaps I'm really embracing that which is calling to me.

Every six to eight months, my whole body goes into emotional overload, and there is this great desire to change my surroundings, move to a new location, and change my lifestyle. At this point in time, I am broke. At this point in time, I have five months left of a lease. There are creative ways around which I can skip the lease obligation, but the point is that I have put myself in a position that is not copacetic to wanderlust. I need to free myself from the fetters of social obligations... to support the economy, to support this organization, full of people whose money goes to feed the evils of our society... Starbucks, Cable, New Cars, High End Fashion... many organizations whose economies of scale and buying power enable them to profit at the expense of people who live under a government that does not regulate labor, or enforce living standards that we take for granted in our own backyard.

I stand for higher morals and ethical values... I wish to express those values through my daily 8+ hours of effort. Instead, I support the visions of someone who reviews my work and represents it as their own. I answer to their call. I wish only to answer to my own voice, my inner voice. Let it speak through me, in my walk and my talk.