Friday, February 20, 2004

Back for round two as I manage the costs and relive the experience... this time around, I tried to spend some more time in the air, and became quite the protege in the terrain park. As I have found out, airtime is quite enjoyable and is much easier than the mind would allow you to believe. I was so pumped up after a few runs down Kangaroo (board park), and had my ass quickly handed over to me once I got back on the groomed slopes.

On my last run of the second day, I tried a run that is an extension to the board park, and has an optional gulley for the last leg of it. As I worked the steep sides and felt the groove, I built up my confidence to take a man-made jump off the wall, and landed on my face... hard enough to squeeze a little blood from my nose. On my way out into the wide open runs leading to the base, I managed to run over a girl that had unexpectedly stopped right in front of me. I slowed down enough to avoid a hard impact, and we were laughing on the way up. Then she caught a glimpse of red coming from my nose, and asked if I had fallen before... it's absolutely crazy that after two days of riding, I was nearly unscathed, and then made up for it all on my last run.

This time around was far less exhausting due to my ability to stay off my ass. Met a really cool guy whose family lives on Kuaui, and his father lives up at Tahoe somewhere. We talked surf for a good while after we got off the chair lift, and I hope to bump into him at his home break, OB. For those who read the previous logs, OB is my new home break.... solid!