Wednesday, January 21, 2004

It's going to be a happy new year...

I've been listening to a lot of rent. Can you tell? I've continued to write, yet I haven't been able to motivate myself to censor and subsequently publish the ramblings that become my journal... the autobiography written over many-fold.

A short and profound metaphor on self-disclosure, on vulnerability, shared with me by a very dear friend...

As I continue to fill pages with text, letting my words flow, I don't consider censorship - everything pours out of me in ink on the parchment. This collection of writings is personal, and sharing this collection is like open heart surgery, where everything is exposed and vulnerable. This metaphor was written by someone who appreciates watching the rain from the window of their apartment, someone to whom reflection is a precious gift.

It's refreshing to have friends who have such beautiful and creative minds.