Friday, November 28, 2003

ANOTHER BLACK FRIDAY

I’m sitting in a café on the corner of Cole and Carl/I’m eating a delicious grilled chicken breast sandwich w/ pesto that I order by sight after I watched one pass by me as I prepared to order. I’m writing about the discoveries that I have made into my quest for love, and everything along the way. I’m becoming high on life, on my surroundings, about the people that I meet, and the spontaneous and random interactions that I have because I am extroverted…

Last night at Thanksgiving dinner, my father’s cousin gave a toast to my late Grandfather, his uncle, and it gave me great joy to be surrounded by people who loved him and understood the kind of amazing human being he is… I use the present tense because his legacy lives on in the lives of those people whom he has affected with his contagious positive attitude towards life. He was a doctor of life, and people all around the world recognize that truth. Through words and deeds, as was written by his son, my father, on his tombstone, my grandfather died a doctor of life.

I am so overwhelmingly touched by his memory, and I cannot express a greater feeling of love. I have experience the kind of love that can only be expressed between two people who are intimate with one another, and it still does not compare to this feeling. He is truly the life in me, and I am the life in him.

This is how I am taking life in… there is so much for me to enjoy here, and I am stimulated and tranquilized by the atmosphere in the city. It is not about the city as much as it is about the surroundings. San Francisco wouldn’t be as cool as it is without Tahoe, and Napa, and Santa Cruz, and Monterey and Yosemite… and those places wouldn’t be the same without the influence of this community/a community that appreciates and respects beauty in many forms.

PS> Black Friday refers to the day after Thanksgiving... that's it.