Friday, February 27, 2004

Contrary to popular belief

The first two years in accounting (public) is not hell. My first six months was closer to heaven, Hawaii! Surfing before and after work, during lunch sometimes if the waves were good, plenty of sun, about two weeks of long hours, and lots of vacation time around the 6 months I spent working there.

Space for elaboration on the first year and a half...

My father said that he ate up his first two years, and it didn't phase him. I know he worked his ass off, and I respect that work ethic. I realize that there are alternate paths to get across the golden gate. I choose the path less traveled, one that requires greater attention to the finer points of life outside of a career, one that embraces all aspects of life. I realize that I am not in public accounting anymore, but this is where they all end up after they've had enough of public. This is where it gets fun.

Highlights for today: Observing a fierce and fabulous woman at the bagel store this morning devouring her plain toasted whole wheat bagel while pumping her vains with caffiene and feeding her mind with positive thoughts on how to be successful today - a true embracement of life as it is.

Observing a relatively good looking, relatively young guy driving a Maserati convertible jamming to Playing in the Band in perfect B&O stereo sound... the FD appreciates this artful addition to our musical selections.

'The moon is bright tonight, Miami, like the highlights in my hair' - Ru Paul