Sunday, March 14, 2004

Today was one of the best Sundays that I've had in a long time,

The whole day was spent enjoying the great weather at the beach, in the ocean, and at the park with a new friend. The weekend started with a 9:30am call on Saturday morning, still hung to the tits from the night before, and hurting for water. It was one of the partners of my office calling from NYC to request my expertise. It wasn't unexpected. I didn't make it out to the beach before high tide, and so decided to postpone surfing until Sunday.

On Sunday morning, I got to experience the great winter surf of Nor-Cal at OB. My friend came along, and lied out while I was trying to get choke waves. When I returned to land, he attempts to show me that he is also a surfer by throwing on my wetsuit, grabbing my board, and hitting the water. I realize only now (1 month following this Sunday) that it was a call for attention, a way to grab my enthusiasm... he does not surf. I give him credit for attempting to make a fool of himself in search of friendship.

Frienship is not about being somebody else... it is all about being yourself. Surf has been great for the past three weeks, and I'm on my way to Hawaii. This is life spent really living in the moment, and loving it.