Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Gift

- Floating down the river of Saraswati

In ancient times, it is said that there was a river named Saraswati, and that about 3,000 years ago, this river ran dry. However, the river still flows within all of us, the river of creativity and inspiration, the essence of Shakti. This afternoon, I had the great fortune to swim in the river of Saraswati, accompanied by my guides, Heather and Benji. We explored this journey through Kirtan, sharing our voices to create the river in which we bathed and nourished our individual creative energies while nourishing one another.

Our chants and songs are songs of devotion, pure devotion, love, respect, gratitude, and throughout the experience, my heart opened wider to the beloved... in my heart, I felt deeply connected through this musical experience, and am reminded of the powerful influence that music has played in my life. It is time to invite music and chanting back into my life as another means to connect with others and to connect deeper to myself - Atman - the divine self within. Tapping into this infinite realm has been restorative and invigorating, and I am so grateful to have connected deeply with our guides, Heather and Benji.

Benji is an amazingly talented and knowledgeable musician, and Heather's voice is a gift, purely and simply. Through the experience of closing my eyes, I traveled into the realm of depth and wonder, full and infinite, graceful and complete... I floated down the river, and bathed in its waters... the healing vibrations of our voices and the beautiful instruments that accompanied us. I felt divinity move through me, through this body, and experienced the gift.