Friday, September 23, 2005

Peach Cobbler

I fed a man tonight... he was wrapped in a blanket asking for change. I wouldn't have met him unless my original plans fell through - which they did. After I gave him the pear from my hand, we held each other.

I walk the street in meditation, my intention focused on community. As I approach the yoga studio, I remind myself of why I am here. The series of events that brought me to this place are less consequential than my intention to be present. I have come to share my presence without exclusion - to be the change I wish to see in the world.

I defend my life by my actions and principles. I do not need a weapon to protect myself, for my spirit is pure. I do not hide behind a viel of reason or rhyme... instead I walk the path without faltering, and trust that the journey will manifest itself. There is no doubt, or second guessing... simply faith.

I returned to my house to eat peach cobbler for dinner. It was waiting for me in the oven. Such is life, and so the journey goes. The circle grows wider, and our community grows closer together... hovering around the warm smell of peach cobbler in the air.